[ale] OT "Homework" was Networking question

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jul 23 10:50:58 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 10:43 -0400, brucelists at bellsouth.net wrote:
> The Cisco guides for CCNA and CCNP have been less than clear on subnetting. The thing that helped me the most last time I tried to figure it out was a Sybex guide (think it was an earlier CCNA guide).
>
> Since we're so off-topic - how is preparing for the exam? My 15 year
>  old son will be homeschooled this year, and I wasn't sure if we wanted
>  to work on A+, N+, CCNA or just hack around with servers. I've got
>  some routers to play with, and was thinking of picking up a spare PC
>  or two for messing with. (of course, he'd rather mess with 60's or
>  70's American cars with V8s and 4 speeds - so we'll have to balance it
>  a bit)
>
> Bruce

Get him to install an old PC into that muscle car to take data from
ignition system and speedometer. Then add some vacuum guages and collect
that data. Now plot correlations between fuel consumption and engine
speed and vacuum and equate it to cost per mile of fuel at various
speeds.

That would combine EVERYTHING into one big project.

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>