[ale] comcast static IP?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sun Jan 23 12:28:10 EST 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 10:52 am, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>Snips
> ?Since most people on this list run their own mailserver, etc.

Not at that point yet:( One thing I did not make clear, TDS is both my ISP
and Phone company. A sprawling independent who bought out the tiny Nelson
Ballground phone company a few years ago....

> one needs to inquire as to what the real advantages are of using a
> middle man instead of dealing direct with the  provider.

Like many others, I will have no choice. Anything neat, nifty, or fun is
against the terms of service for residential. A business class connection
will cost far more than dealing with a middle man. Even though my
experiences with TDS have been mostly positive, I'm still eagerly awaiting
middle men in the boonies.

Yoo Hoo, Speedfactory, Speakeasy! Were up here between Alltel and the
Ellijay phone co;-)
--
William