[ale] SUSE 9.2

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jan 16 21:37:48 EST 2005

James Sumners wrote:
> I seriously hope that is not the established method for upgrading
> SuSE without problems. I want to upgrade my grandfather's
> installation and I certainly won't do all that.
>
> Does anyone else have any experiences with updating SuSE?

Understand, it's a level of paranoia on my part.  When I did my last
upgrade to 9.2 on my main box, I retained the same /home partition and
everything worked flawlessly.  I did not have to return to my 9.1 version.

I've also upgraded at least two 9.1 boxes and one 9.0 box to Suse 9.2
with absolutely no problems at all.

--
Until later, Geoffrey