[ale] ale NW January meeting

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 8 10:01:21 EST 2005

Raylynn Knight wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 12:01 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>I will not be able to attend the ALE NW meeting this month.  I do not
>>have a presenter as of yet either.
>>
>>Is there anyone who would be able to moderate the meeting this month?
>>
>>Is there someone who would step up to doing a presentation?
>>
>>If there is no presentation, it could be a generic switchboard meeting.
>>
>>If no one steps up to moderate the meeting, it will be canceled.
>>
>>Let me know ASAP?
>>

> I'm pretty sure I could moderate.  Any suggestions for a presentation
> that wouldn't require a lot of preparation time?  I'd be willing to do
> some type of presentation, but I don't have a lot of time to prepare for
> it.

That would be greatly appreciated.

> I could cover the new installer being used by Debian Sarge.
> I could cover installing Ubuntu Linux on a PowerPC.

Either would be great.

> I'm also open to other topics suggestions that wouldn't require me to do
> a lot of preparation.  (Serious lack of time to prepare!!).

Since you've offered to moderate and present, go with what is easiest
for you.  Dr. Gayler was going to get back to me on other presentations
that would be helpful to students at KSU, but I've not heard anything.

If no one offers to present and you're willing to step, you decide.
Feel free to poll the list, but you've done that with this email. :)

Thanks Ray.

--
Until later, Geoffrey