[ale] pop3 retrieving single complete message

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Jan 7 12:29:30 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:11:52PM -0500, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:
> I guess, but I don't use pop3 email & I don't poll a server for it.
> For the time being I'm working on a fix for the poppy glitch; the neat
> thing about that little script is that I can look at mail on a pop3
> server without downloading it, as well as downloading and/or deleting
> single messages.

>From the perspective of the pop3 server, "download" and "look" are the

same thing.  I think you meant "download+delete".  POP3 really isn't
meant for interactive message use though.

> Umm...  Suggestion(s) for a simple "raw" CLI-mode mailreader?
> I want to retrieve/download a single message complete with headers.
> More specifically, it's a phish-attempt I'm trying to "package" nicely
> for the security folks at the spoofed company.

Um, any mailreader will fetch the whole message, headers and all.  (I
thought you were a mutt user?  just hit 'h' or save the message into its
own mbox and use cat.  :)

However, fetchmail may do what you want, you can have it log the entire
traffic stream to and from the server, and IIRC fetch individual
messages.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy        				 ICQ: 1318344