[ale] OT: Mac OS X x86 vmware image floating on bittorrent

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Dec 29 15:08:34 EST 2005

I downloaded a MAX OS X x86 vmware image from bittorrent.  Maybe someone
here has it.  When I boot it up I get "Illegal Instruction" from the
programs that are being executed at startup.  Could the problem be that
I'm on an AMD Athalon XP chip instead of Intel?  I was assuming that for
vmware it does not matter but if vmware does not really emulate and
simply uses the host's processor then maybe I can't play with this
image?