[ale] patch-o-matic-ng question?

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Tue Sep 21 20:12:33 EDT 2004

This is from memory which is not as good as it was when I was younger...

Each of the patches may apply to either/and/or any of the kernels.  Some
are applied to the iptables source.  Many are unnecessary for recent
code as they have already been updated. When I ran the script it gives
you the info on the patch and the option to apply it.  The first time
thru I chose to apply most of them all and it screwed up the source
pretty badly.  Second time around I only applied the three or four I
wanted, mainly string matching and the TARPIT target.  I suggest you do
the same and be very selective.