[ale] patch-o-matic-ng question?

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Tue Sep 21 14:31:33 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm looking to install the record-rpc patch from the patch-o-matic
distribution in order to permit easier firewalling of NFS traffic. On the
netfilter-org site, there's the latest patch-o-matic tarball, with a
release date of Dec 2003, and patch-o-matic-ng, which appears to be in
current development.

Unfortunately, there's very little documentation either on the
netfilter.org site or anywhere else that google can find that explains the
difference between the two (other than "ng is newer"). Can someone fill me
in here? Specifically, I need to verify that at least one of these supports
the 2.6.x kernels (I'm on 2.6.7).

Also, I attempted to run the runme script from the ng tarball, and I
noticed that it asks for the root of the kernel source base
(/usr/src/linux), but also asks for the iptables codebase (default
location: /usr/src/iptables). Is there a source tree inside the kernel for
this I can point it to, or do I need to have the source code for the
iptables app available?

Thanks,

-Chris