[ale] palm41.dll weirdness

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 19:30:27 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 15:42, Geoffrey wrote:

> Can't really imagine how a file would show up like that unless
> it was some unusual attempted exploit.  Pretty useless as it appears to
> be a true windows file.  Haven't been playing with wine lately have you?

Bingo!  That was it.  I had installed RHEL WS 3.0, then Crossover Office
and MS Office.  Later that day I installed MeetingMaker via cxoffice and
that is what must have added the .dll.  Inside cxoffice it shows
MeetingMaker and MeetingMaker Palm integration.  If cxoffice had stuck
this in my ~/.cxoffice/dotwine/fake_windows dir, I wouldn't have
bothered, but because the file wound up in ~/, it alarmed me.

Thanks Geoff,

-Jim P.