[ale] palm41.dll weirdness

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Sep 18 15:48:01 EDT 2004

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> $ file palm41.dll
> palm41.dll: MS Windows PE 32-bit Intel 80386 GUI DLL
>
> $ strings palm41.dll
> Vh0u
<snip>

> It looks harmless, it's just that I don't run Windows, and haven't on
> tihs system in quite some time.  I know for sure that the file just
> appeared yesterday, and almost certain that it arrived via Evolution....
> just not sure how.

Agreed.  Can't really imagine how a file would show up like that unless
it was some unusual attempted exploit.  Pretty useless as it appears to
be a true windows file.  Haven't been playing with wine lately have you?

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995