[ale] Anyone successfully used build in wireless on HP laptops?

Jimmy Oliver jimmyoliver at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 09:50:15 EDT 2004

Driverloader is a commerical version of ndiswrapper that works nicely
for me and my intel 2200bg card.  Some distro's ship with kernels that
have small kernel stack sizes.  Read the quote below.
<quote>
The default stack size in original Fedora Core 2 kernels is only 4K.
Because some drivers require more stack space to operate properly, we
recommend using a kernel with a larger stack size if you experience
problems or crashes. You can either rebuild your own custom kernel, or
get one of our replacement "stk16" kernels provided for your
convenience http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/downloads-fc2-kernel-i586.php.
They are identical to the Fedora kernels, except that the stack size
was increased to 16K and the problematic 4G/4G patch removed.
</quote>
This might fix your issue.  Grab one of the kernels provided by these
guys, and then retry ndiswrapper.

-Jimmy