[ale] ALE Booth at LISA

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Oct 10 08:48:07 EDT 2004

John M Trostel wrote:
> I volunteer for a some hours on Wednesday afternoon. The question is,
> what will we have at the booth to offer people?

I would have some flyers printed up.  It's too late to do anything like
t-shirts or such.  We could likely throw together some cds of various
distros with a 'courtesy of ALE' stamp on them.

> What is the purpose of having the booth?

To get some exposure.  Possibly add members.

> Given some reasonable answers to those questions, I can help man the
> booth on Wednesday afternoon for a few hours. (Put me down for Wednesday
> 2-5 tentatively).

I appreciate it.  I'm still working through some of the logistics, but
will updated the folks who have shown interest.  I don't want to waste
folks time, thus if it does not appear that we would be able to provide
a professional presence, I wouldn't do it.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995