[ale] [Fwd: [Fwd: ALE participation LISA]]

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Oct 5 08:49:08 EDT 2004

Chris Farris wrote:
> What is the goal with having an ale booth at LISA? Unlike an ALS, Lisa
> doesn't tend to draw that much of a larger local crowd, so there won't
> be much recruiting. There is the general Linux advocay concept, but if
> LISA attendees don't know what Linux is by now an ALE booth ain't gonna
> help them.

I would disagree with the lack of a local crowd.  I for one was planning
t attend LISA anyway, primarily because it is here.  I used to attend a
USENIX cons when AT&T was picking up the tab.  Now, I can't afford the
flight, hotel and conference costs, so I look forward to local cons.

The booth will be available to virtually anyone, not just those paying
to attend the conf.  You can get a free pass.

So, the goal is certainly to get out to the local community and see what
new blood we might get.

There's also something to be said for spending time with folks of a like
mind.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995