[ale] OT: Where to purchase a Mac (fwd)

Ryan Williams ryan at jimmyether.com
Mon Oct 4 17:07:01 EDT 2004

My favorite mac dealer is SmallDog.com. They usually have new in the box
items of the slightly older models for great deals all still under
warranty. Honestly, they are hard to beat. Stay away from refurbs...
even from the Apple Store. I speak from experience on this. They only
give you 90 days and they very often end up with problems.

I have an eMac/800, and frankly it is probably the best deal I've gotten
on a mac ever... and I have several. It's been wonderful. My main
computer is an old TiBook, but I have a g4 tower as well. They are all
great, but if you just need a test box, you can't beat an eMac in my
opinion for price/features.

If you are doing anything serious like audio or video editing, get a g5.

Ryan