[ale] Introduction

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Tue Nov 30 20:23:45 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Atlanta area and have been looking for a new LUG to join.
I really liked what I saw on the website, so I joined the mailing list
and thought I would introduce myself.

As the From line points out, my name is Jason Fritcher. I first started
using Linux way back in late 94 with Yggdrasil then Slackware, but only
tinkered with Linux for the next 4 or 5 years. Then I got a job that
required me to learn unix programming and my interest in Linux took off.
In the last 5 years, I've used all the mainstream distros and have
settled on liking Gentoo the best with Debian being a close second. :)

I'm currently a software engineer for Earthlink, doing mainly C and Java
development with a little Perl thrown in to annoy me. :) In my spare
time, I'm learning C++ and Python, and tinkering with writing a toy OS.
I've been with Earthlink for 5 1/2 years and moved to Atlanta because of
a transfer to here from Pasadena, CA. I must say that I like it here
much better than Pasadena. :)

In closing, I'm looking forward to the meetings, and the chance to meet
more people who are interested in Linux.

Thanks

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org