[ale] problems with Cendyne 32x10x40 USB CD-RW with SUSE 9.2 and FC3

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 13:58:48 EST 2004

I was not able to resolve the problem, but I did find a solution that
works for me.

I had downloaded the Novell Linux Desktop Evaluation version (90 days
of access to the update.novell.com update site) and as a last resort I
tried installing it on my problem child computer system.

It seems to work properly, K3B recognizes the DVD-Rom drive that is
installed, and it recognizes the USB CD-RW drive and has it set to be
the writer and the DVD drive as the reader.

I also discovered that if you're running SUSE and you want a RPM
version of the current version of Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird they
have them in the /pub/projects/mozilla folder on the suse ftp site. I
used the 9.2 versions on NLD 9 with no problems or ill effects being
apparrent.

So far I like Novell Linux Desktop, will keep the group posted on any
problems I find or any tips or suggestions to help anyone else who is
also running it.

thanks

Van