[ale] problems with Cendyne 32x10x40 USB CD-RW with SUSE 9.2 and FC3

Van Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Wed Nov 17 11:32:32 EST 2004

my specific problem is that the drive functions ok as a reader, when I
put in a CD it shows up and I can read the contents of the file.

but when I try to burn a CD using k3b it acts like the device isn't
there and no amount of pleading, poking, or praying can get it to work

the dmesg output did not give me any kind of errors relating to the device.

This same burner works fine under all of the Debian based Distributions
that I have tried. It works ok under Red Hat ES WS 3.0 but the device
times out after a while if you aren't constantly using it and the system
has to be rebooted to get it to work again.

does anyone have any ideas? I have had multiple problems with this 2.6
GHz Celeron FIC Crusader system and I'm ready to put it into storage or
sell it dirt cheap and start using my old slot A 700 MHz Athlon system
again.

Thanks in advance.

Van

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept
      _
     -o)
     /\\
    _\_v