[ale] Linux for "normal" people?

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Nov 16 16:49:34 EST 2004

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 02:40 pm, Scott Warfield wrote:
> Most of my testing and evaluation of these features was done on Fedora Core
> 1.  Even though they technically work, it is my opinion that they are buggy
> at best.  Sticky keys did not apply to the login manager and therefore
> procluded me from logging in with mixed passwords of metacharacters.
> Perhaps FC3 will show some improvement with the new KDE.

I expect you'll need to get deeply into kdm configuration to get sticky keys
to work with login manager.  It almost certainly will not work just by
setting sticky keys in Control Center.  Those settings are only for after you
login.

Are you sure that you are using kdm with FC1 Or FC3?  I think it defaults to
gdm.

Michael