[ale] Re: Next proxy question

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Nov 12 16:17:54 EST 2004

I'm trying to allow browsers access to the ENS web interface without the
user having to go into preferences and setup a proxy then when they are
ready for the internet they remove that setting.

Lest say I do http://192.168.1.201:8000/www.google.com

Here is what my perl program says:

[root at sam-devel SAM]# ./proxy.pl
GET /www.google.com HTTP/1.1

I'm not suer if it is feasible to create a system like I want. in Perl
with ease.  what happens if a user clicks on a link on a device will iot
look like this:

http://192.168.1.201:8000/10.0.5.176/cgi-bin/ports

a select() may not do.  It may as Fletch at ALE stated require
implementation of LWP and a middle man to do all the work.

In the ens I would like to chain the proxy so that an ENS can have a
proxy too.

http://192.168.1.201:8000/10.0.5.176/192.168.1.1/index.html

That looks awful!