[ale] apology... I am a moron

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Fri Nov 12 05:39:18 EST 2004

Saying that something lacks package dependency checking and saying
something lacks package management altogether are two completely different
things.

Personally, however, I apparently don't need dependency checks at all.
I've happily managed my slackware systems just fine without it since
starting on Linux (with Slackware no less) almost a decade ago. I've also
never touched Swaret or slapt-get, though I hear they're quite good. The
only problem I ever had with Slackware's package management was easily
creating a package when installing from source, so that it may be easily
removed and/or upgraded when needed. Checkinstall has solved that sole
problem.

Thus, far from "impossible." Even far from "difficult." I'd venture to say
"pretty painless."

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:49:55 -0500