[ale] Mandrake upgrade via nfs

Robert Karaffa rkaraff at emory.edu
Thu Nov 11 13:14:01 EST 2004

hi folks,
	my mandrake 9.2 box acts as my internet gateway/firewall/dns.  i
recently upgraded it from mandrake 8.2 (actually i reinstalled the OS
rather than upgrade...and am happy that i did).  i did the reinstall
via nfs because it was faster than trying to feed CDs to the machine,
and it only boots from a floppy anyway.  worked like a charm.

the question:  since this box is my internet gateway/firewall/dns, i am
wondering if it is possible to upgrade it to mandrake 10.1 via nfs....?

the reason i ask is this:  when i did the aforementioned upgrade, i
used an old Macintosh as a internet gateway/firewall/dns replacement
until i could get the mandrake box back on-line.  now that it is, i'm
not sure i understand how to do an upgrade via nfs when the box i wish
to upgrade is the dns for my home LAN...

zat make sense?

-Bob K.

--
Robert E. Karaffa, II