[ale] Problem connecting to internet

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Wed Jun 30 10:41:34 EDT 2004

I had Adelphia years ago (now, I'm a proud Speedfactory user :-D ), and
had to use pump to get an IP every time I rebooted.  When the box was
booting, and got to my outside nic, it would always fail.  If I waited
until it booted, logged in, and ran pump (I believe the syntax was pump
-i eth0 or something).  I'm not sure if SuSE comes with pump, but I'm
pretty sure that dhcpcd has a similar option.  Hope this helps.