[ale] Oracle DBD-DBI

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 20:11:45 EDT 2004

I'll break from the fold and tell you that Oracle 9i installs fine on
recent versions of Linux.  Oracle includes instructions on their site
(technet.oracle.com) for how to download and install a basic DB on
Linux.  I've installed it several times w/o any problems, ymmv.  Two
things worth mentioning:  have at least 3GB free space (yes, 3GB), and
get rid of any recent versions of Java (including any $JAVA_HOME
settings).

Good luck,

-Jim P.