[ale] OT - Hobby - Breadboard Kits

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 17 16:42:08 EDT 2004

I do not know how far you wish to go (you did mention hooking things
up to serial ports)  But I could give you some AVR's that I have as spare
and maybe even a programmer if you promise you will actually use it.

I may even have a spare breadboard lying around somewhere, since I
have mainly transitioned from breadboards to wirewrapping and point
to point wiring.

One of the pluses to using the AVR's is they have native support in GCC,
so if your already used to using GCC the AVR's would be perfect for you.
They are also wicked fast (over 4x faster then a PIC running at a much
higher clock) and the Mega AVR line has plenty of flash and ram to keep you
busy.

Mike

PS: I am currently unemployed, so I would be happy to take some time
out of my "busy" schedual to help you set something up. ;)