[ale] Xandros Open Circulation

Eric Anderson eric at afaik.us
Fri Jun 11 15:38:54 EDT 2004

Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> After last night's Lindows install, I'm intrigued.  For those who
> weren't there, at last night's ALE Central meeting we ran through an
> install of Lindows.  I think we all agreed it was very slick.  I think
> the install was the easiest and smoothest I've ever seen (with the
> possible exception of Caldera which presented you with tetris during the
> install so you wouldn't get bored).

I thought it looked easy (it's goal), but I didn't like the fact that it
felt like they were trying to sell you something everytime you clicked
on something. I guess if you subscribe to their "software warehouse"
service you don't have to pay for each item but then you are paying a
monthly cost for an operating system which would suck.

Eric