[ale] Xandros Open Circulation

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Jun 11 15:31:51 EDT 2004

After last night's Lindows install, I'm intrigued.  For those who
weren't there, at last night's ALE Central meeting we ran through an
install of Lindows.  I think we all agreed it was very slick.  I think
the install was the easiest and smoothest I've ever seen (with the
possible exception of Caldera which presented you with tetris during the
install so you wouldn't get bored).

Maybe I'll give xandros a fling.  The free version looks pretty good for
a home user.  Only two things are disabled:
1. CD burning speed in Xandros File Manager is limited to the minimum
burning speed of your CD burner.
2. The Open Circulation Edition does not include CodeWeavers CrossOver
Office or Plugin

Michael