[ale] Lib Error installing Mozilla Firefox (redux)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Jul 29 09:36:13 EDT 2004

Thought I'd try this question again, since the list went wonky about the time
I first posted it...

I'm trying to upgrade my Firebird 0.7 browser to the latest Firefox 0.9.1 on
my (somewhat kludged) RH 7.3 system using their provided install script.
I got one libstdc++ notice that I was able to reslove, but then another lib
error cropped up:

./firefox-installer-bin: relocation error: ,
	 /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0:undefined symbol: g_bsearch_array_new

I've confirmed the installation of the lib in question, but still get the
error,  which I am reading is a reference to a missing function call in the
libs. (My Gnome lib versions may also be tangled up from a failed attempt to
upgrade them for GIMP 2.0.)

Any suggestions for fixing this?
Are there tools for tracking shared lib functions?

thanks!
peace
aaron