[ale] microdrive mp3 players and RH 7.3

Kevin Krumwiede kjkrum at comcast.net
Fri Jul 23 23:22:19 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:19:55 -0400 (EDT)
"J.M. Taylor" <jtaylor at onlinea.com> wrote:

> I'm looking at the little solid state keyring mp3 players like the
> ones by Kanguru or Rio but was wondering if anybody has had experience
> with these on linux.

I have a Rio S10, and it is nicely supported by the rioutil project, but
it is *not* a USB mass storage device.  I'm not sure if any of the newer
Rios are... I'd say, check the list of devices supported by rioutil and
assume those are not. :o)

Not being a mass storage device is my only complaint with it.  Well,
that and the cheap headphones that came with it... those were quickly
replaced with Sony earbuds.  The battery life is amazing.  (~30 hours on
a single AA!)

Krum