[ale] Desktop UPS

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:01:37 EDT 2004

I've been using several APC units for a while,  but recently had one go
out [the board] and APC wanted 3X more than I paid for it, on a trade in.

So, I got on Ebay and found Genuine Cable & Power, in Ky., for a lot
less money than APC, brand new, 50% more power, 2 yr. warranty, a Smart
UPS, etc.....

Do an Ebay search on "Smart UPS" and "compare2 APC".

HTH,

Courtney

James P. Kinney III wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 17:55, Preston Boyington wrote:
>
>>Anyone mind recommending a good UPS for some desktop units?  I need 5-6 in the near future and was curious with what y'all use.
>>
>>Off-the-shelf from Office Depot/Max?
>>

> I have been using APC smart-ups devices for quite a while. They work
> well and the Linux support is good.
>
>>Preston
>>

>>!DSPAM:40fd96d9252831915616552!

s/v Mutiny