[ale] Debian on Sparc

Kevin Krumwiede kjkrum at comcast.net
Thu Jan 29 00:28:04 EST 2004

I installed 3.0r2, but apparently apache-1.3.26 and php4 have issues.
Apache wouldn't start at all until I increased /proc/shmmax to 32mb, and
then it would die silently or fail to start after apachectl restart.  I
found a bunch of posts about similar problems on various architectures,
but no clear solutions.  There's no apache2 package in -stable, so I
tried to apt-get it from -testing and hosed my system.

What would be the easiest way to install Debian-testing on a SS5?  I
don't think there are ISOs available...

Thanks,
Krum