[ale] Indian outsourcing

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Jan 29 00:21:49 EST 2004

> This is the biggie. It's *really* hard to develop a truly
> innovative and *useful* product without more-or-less real-time
> feedback from the client. I don't care if you build be what
> I specified, I'd rather you built me what I *want*.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Joe Knapka

However, for the amount of money that is saved by offshoring, a major company
can afford to fly the project manager overseas. This is barring the fact that
detailed emails, IRC, and other forms of communication are often sufficient.

If a company *knows* what they want, they can simply spend the time writing
out a very detailed spec upfront. A good practice when working with US or
offshore coders.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com