[ale] Linux utility to read/convert ClarisWorks files?

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Fri Jan 23 18:22:24 EST 2004

Alan Stewart <astewart at layton-graphics.com> writes:

> Joe Knapka wrote:
>
> > Probably so. I can install the version of ClarisWorks with which the
> >
> >docs were created on my XP box (my version of Claris won't run under
> >Wine) and convert them all (probably 100 docs) by hand to RTF, but I'd
> >probably die of boredom after doing thirty of them. Ah well, maybe ten
> >per day would be safe...
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >-- Joe
> >

> Why by hand? Doesn't Clarisworks have a DDE interface you can use to
> drive it with Visual Basic,  Perl, or Python?

No idea. That would be cool, though. How would I find out?
This is Claris Works 2.0, circa 1994; Google is silent on the
matter. I never did any DDE programming (my employer was
a Solaris and OS/2 shop that year); is it anything like COM?

Thanks,

-- Joe

--
(let ((antichrist 'me) (anarchist 'me))) -- the sexp-pistols.
If you really want to get my attention, don't reply to this;