[ale] Ethernet problem

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 22 16:46:45 EST 2004

Really dumb newbie type question here.

I have a blade server with Red Hat 9 installed. It is a Celeron 1.1GHz
machine with 512MB ram.1 It is configured for web hosting with Apache 2.0
installed, etc. I have my html docs loaded and can use Mozilla to view the
web pages.

Everything works great sending and receiving email, browsing the web using
Mozilla, etc., but I can't log on to the machine from any remote. I can't
FTP, can't HTTP into it, nothing. I can ping it and get a good reply with no
errors or lost packets.

I'm sure it's something that I've overlooked in the configuration, but I
sure can't find it.

Dan Lambert
Lilburn, GA