[ale] OT: serial ata worth it?

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Tue Jan 6 20:43:40 EST 2004

it would be good for setting up an ide raid if you already have the
drives and a SATA controller, have thought about it myself as i have a
SATA raid controller onboard the mainboard of my desktop and a couple of
large IDE drives that i would consider running in a mirror. but i would
have to see if the performance is there and the linux support is still
patchy even in the 2.6 kernel(but looking very promising as the specs
have been released for open source development.).

Drag0n
dragon at atlantacon.org