[ale] Debian sarge...slow dns lookup

Keith Morris - IQ keith at iqtv.com
Mon Feb 16 11:47:20 EST 2004

Hi all.  I have Debian Sarge and Sid installed on a couple of machines
at home and am having the identical problem on both of them.  When
connecting to the web, the status bar says "Resolving www.somesite.com"
then after 5-7 seconds, it connects fine and proceeds only to have the
same problem when I go to another domain.  It does not do this from
Fedora, Suse, or Windows.

Upon googling, there was some rumble about ipv6-to-ipv4 translation and
slow dns lookups, but nothing solid.  I would try disabling ipv6
translation to test this, but have NO idea how to do this (google'd for
that too).

Any insight on this problem would be most appreciated.

Keith Morris
Creative Director
Design / Effects
IQ televison group