[ale] Backup/Restore Question

Robert Heaven robertheaven at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 12:06:56 EST 2004

Thanks... the ( cd /tmp/restore ; tar -xzpf - ) was what I was looking
for...

In my case (and this is on FreeBSD) I won't be doing any selective
restores for individual users. These users don't have anything stored
except their home dir login config info anyway. And any power users,
that have scripts and stuff, are more than capable of going to the
storage host and pulling out thier own stuff anyway. The primary purpose
for the backup is to restore a hard drive crash/replacement so I'm not
going to worry too much about individuals...

Thanks again,
Robert