[ale] gkrellm and cpu temp / fan speed

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Thu Feb 12 07:46:00 EST 2004

You have to have i2c and lm_sensors in your kernel (or as
modules). Then you have to uses the "sensors-detect"
command to find the sensors. It will tell you what modules
need to be loaded and what you need to do to yout
rc.local file.

Do a 'lsmod' to see if any i2c and sensors modules are loaded
(if they are built as modules). If you don't see any, then I bet
you need to run sensors-detect.

Once it detects a sensors, you will see entries in,

/proc/sys/dev/sensors

Good Luck!

Jeff

> I've got a motherboard that shows cpu temp and fan speed with the bios.
> I want this to appear in gkrellm, but have not found a plugin that
> supports it.  I understand I need to have lmsensors installed.  How do I
> know if it is, and what else needs to be done to get the info to appear
> in gkrellm?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Trey
> ---
>
> men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth
> --more than ruin
> --more even than death.
> thought is subversive and revolutionary,
> destructive and terrible,
> thought is merciless
> to privilege,
> established institutions, and comfortable habit.
>
> thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid.
> thought is great and swift and free,
> the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.
> --bertrand russell

Dr. Jeff Layton
Aerodynamics and CFD
Lockheed-Martin Aeronautical Company - Marietta