[ale] Debian 2.6.8/Plextor dvd - FIXED

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Mon Dec 13 13:37:32 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 02:22:43PM -0500, Jim Seymour wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:02:08PM -0500, Jim Seymour wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have spent the last several days mucking around with this setup trying
> to get something working on the ide system. The basics:
>
> Asus A7N8X-X mb
> 512 Kingston Valueram pc3200
> Athalon xp2600
> Sound Blaster Audigy
> onboard lan
> LSI scsi 160 card
> Adaptec 2940 scsi card
> Debian Sarge running kernel 2.6.8-10

Just in case someone else has to go through this the module that was not
getting loaded is ide-generic. Basically I ended up going through the
/lib/modules/2.6.8-1-k7/kernel/drivers/ide modprobing everything in
sight until it worked. As always thanks for all the suggestions and
pointers.

Later,

Jim Seymour