[ale] Debian 2.6.8/Plextor dvd help please

Sergio Chaves sergio at turbocorp.com
Tue Dec 14 06:22:11 EST 2004

In this particular laptop (everything is "normal" on my old Dell C800),
when mounted, every single mountable device -floppy, usb,etc - is a link
to something else.
Mounting a floppy does the following on fstab:

/dev/hdb    /mnt/floppy

#$ ls -la /dev/hdb:
lrwxrwxrwx     /dev/hdb -> /dev/fd0

This is one of the things I do not like much about Mandrake; too many
links everywhere.

Sergio

--
  ?v?          Sergio Chaves            ?v?
 /(_)\       www.turbocorp.com         /(_)\