[ale] Special Place in Hell Reserved for BellSouth

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Aug 20 21:15:18 EDT 2004

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 03:09, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
>
>>Attached to this email is the text for a problem report I have made to SpeakEasy while trying to get
>>my new dsl service installed. This is, in fact, the service that does not require a BellSouth voice line
>>that we've all heard about. BellSouth is being less than cooperative and lies about their ability to get
>>my line setup to go. FWIW - I've had SpeakEasy DSL before and was quite pleased with it. Just
>>trying to get it setup again is being particularly frustrating. Thought you all might be interested...
>

> Ouch!! I hope things get worked out on this process as I am about to go
> through the same thing. I currently have a Speakeasy DSL line and am
> wanting to change to the bare line so I can drop Bellsouth. I can't get
> a human on the phone to order the service at Speakeasy. I keep getting a
> voicemail box and no one returns my call. You'd think "I want to give
> you money" would make a business jump a bit faster.

I had the same problem with Speakeasy.  No one ever returned calls.
Fortunately for me I found Speedfactory.  I'm going to pick their brains
on this one because I would love to be rid of Bellsouth completely.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995