[ale] Bycotting B$ (was Re: If you're on Bellsouth DSL, I recommend changing providers.)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Aug 19 00:05:32 EDT 2004

I've been boycotting all possible B$ services for some time now, based on
their 3 year run of complete incompetence and indifference in repairing their
freaked up lines so I could get reliable DSL service at my home. The last
straw was finding out my neighbor's DSL worked flawlessly... because the B$
monopoly was their DSL service provider, meaning that they are hooked to
remote terminal gear  that  B$ doesn't allow competing providers to access.

Of course, boycotting all of BellSouth's data services is also well founded if
for no other reason than the browser exclusionary policies of their
needlessly crippled, incompetent web site.

Try accessing http://www.bellsouth.net with anything other Interknot Exploiter
or NetScrape and you'll see what I mean.

peace
aaron