[ale] If you're on Bellsouth DSL, I recommend changing providers.

michael d. ivey ivey at gweezlebur.com
Wed Aug 18 17:03:53 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:08:10PM -0400, Mike Murphy wrote:
> incoming 587 is blocked. outgoing 587 is not. It is true that I could
> run it on another port, but which one? A few quick tries on 5 random
> incoming ports reveals:

Ah.

My understanding was that they didn't allow any incoming ports (by
policy, if not technical) because the AUP said you couldn't run servers.
I was always frustrated about outgoing 25/587 blocking, but if you want
incoming, you should be on a provider that allows that.

--
michael d. ivey        [McQ] : "The power of accurate observation is
   <ivey at gweezlebur.com>     : commonly called cynicism by those who