[ale] OT: TV shows by Bit Torrent

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Wed Aug 18 19:35:58 EDT 2004

Last week, I read an article on how people were combining Bit Torrent with RSS
feeds to put out TV shows for download. So, I decided to try it. Works pretty
well. In the week since I read the article, I've seen two shows I wouldn't
have seen otherwise: an episode of "Six Feet Under" and Penn and Teller's
"Humbug". If you want to try it, you can get the tools at:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugin_details.php?plugin=rssfeed

RSS Feed lets you automatically monitor what people are putting out for
download. And you can find some feeds here:

http://sailes.co.uk/rss.php

So, enjoy it while you can. I'm sure the big media companies will look for a
way to kill this once they get wise.