[ale] Local electric/datacom supply retail stores?

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Sat Aug 14 15:23:56 EDT 2004

Hello,

Are there any local electric/datacom supply retail establishments that
one would recommend (other than Radio Shack)? I'm looking for a place
that sells things like cable, tools, jacks and punchdown blocks, cable
testers, etc.

I'm asking because I'm about to do a Cat5e cable pull in my house, and
I'd like to be able to do it as professionally as possible.

Also, how much would one expect to pay for a 500 foot reel of Cat6?
Home Depot has a Cat5e reel for $40, I'm wondering if it's worth the
extra cost to go with Cat6, whatever that extra cost may be...

No mail-order please...I need this stuff by Monday at the latest, as
I'm coordinating the cable pull alongside an unexpected plumbing job.
Better make the most of having holes in the drywall...

TIA,

-Chris