[ale] OT: I.T. Department Warning -- Do Not Install Windblows eXcrement Pile SP2

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Aug 12 02:47:31 EDT 2004

Looks like the criminal monopoly victims are getting Micro$hafted again.
The IT department at Agnes Scott had to send this out:

and Home editions programs. This upgrade, called Service Pack 2,
unfortunately is error prone, and many test installations have caused systems
to crash or required many software applications to be reloaded. In many cases
most data files were lost.

> To avoid such problems, the ITS Department recommends that you DO NOT
install this upgrade until we let you know when it's safe.  Thanks for your
cooperation.

> If you have any questions, please call the ITS Help Desk on ext. 5487.
>

> ITS Help Desk
> Information Technology Services
> Walters G-10
> email - itshelp at agnesscott.edu