[ale] PS/2 to Serial Mouse

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 10 06:04:51 EDT 2004

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
> I've got this nice Logitech PS/2 mouse that comes with a plug to
> connect to a serial port. My old serial port mouse is pretty much a
> goner but I've got an old computer that doesn't have a PS/2 mouse
> port so I would like to use this adapter to move my Logitech mouse to
> that box. Unfortunately, it gets nothing from it it seems. When I
> reboot, RedHat even comes up and uninstalls my serial mouse cause it
> can't detect it. Is this combination supposed to work? If not, does
> anyone know where I can get a good serial port mouse? Seems they're
> all PS/2 and USB.

Over the years I have attempted to use such mouse converters with
absolutely no luck.  The only time I've ever been able to get a ps/2
mouse to work with a serial port was through a kvm switch.

Good luck and post if you ever get it to work.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995