[ale] PS/2 to Serial Mouse

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Tue Aug 10 00:00:47 EDT 2004

I've got this nice Logitech PS/2 mouse that comes with a plug to connect to a serial port. My old
serial port mouse is pretty much a goner but I've got an old computer that doesn't have a PS/2
mouse port so I would like to use this adapter to move my Logitech mouse to that box.
Unfortunately, it gets nothing from it it seems. When I reboot, RedHat even comes up and uninstalls
my serial mouse cause it can't detect it. Is this combination supposed to work? If not, does anyone
know where I can get a good serial port mouse? Seems they're all PS/2 and USB.

	thanx & later,

		Ben Scherrey