[ale] Python questions

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Aug 4 10:46:18 EDT 2004

    Michael> Alternatively, you might check out Ruby.  It seems very
    Michael> popular with the hackish crowd.  It is even more OO than
    Michael> Python (which is more OO than Java), but it has a more
    Michael> perlish syntax.

Seconded.  Ruby's having an effect on some of the directions the
(mythical :) perl 6 is heading in.  Think Perl crossed with Smalltak.
Also suffers from the "no CPAN.pm" problem, but there is the RAA and
work on `Ruby Gems' which is intended to address that lack.

Ruby's what I play with when I'm not mucking with Perl (or ObjC and
Cocoa on the Mac).