[ale] Cool email insight tools?

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Aug 3 20:53:22 EDT 2004

[...]

    John> So...a question for the group: what tools are you using or
    John> have you seen that provide new, intuitive ways to
    John> organize/sort/view emails?

I use GNUS in emacs and have everything in nmh compatible folders so I
can use that to do searches (e.g. scan `pick +ale -from fletch` ).

I've also played with a Java app called Zoe (actually Zo&eumlat;)
which was described to me as "google for your mailboxes".  It will
index and crossreference all of your mail (IMAP or POP) and you can
set it up to act as a proxy SMTP server to keep copies of outbound
mail as well.  I haven't done much more than point it at the IMAP
server at work to play with, but it's an interesting idea.

http://zoe.nu/