[ale] SBC Speedstream

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Aug 2 17:51:51 EDT 2004

I set my sister-in-law up with SuSE 8.2 on BellSouth DSL, and it was as
simple as adding the user id and password in YaST.  There's a place to
set up a DSL device in the basic networking section.
I don't recall the hardware.  It was an external box that could do USB
or Ethernet.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
Voice - 770-874-0872
Fax    - 678-623-8002
Cell    - 678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>>PBoyington at polyengineering.com 08/02/04 5:14 pm >>>
I have a family member in Texas (Houston, actually) that is taking the
plunge and installing SuSE (big "U" now?) 9.1 Pro.  He has ADSL and
wanted to know how difficult it was going to be to setup his connection.

>From what I understand he is using a USB Speedstream ADSL modem with
his service from SBC (local telephone providor?).  Can anyone give me a
bit of help with (maybe) a walk-thru?  Links?

Any help would be appreciated.
Preston

Ale mailing list
Ale at ale.org